Recently iLab acquired 18 new computers to expand our lab. To prepare them for use at iLab I installed a fresh copy of Unbuntu 10.10 on them, but the WiFi drivers didn’t work. At first I tried a lot of different methods, I was able to get a break through the second day of troubleshooting. However, because I used a lot of different methods, I sincerely did not know which one installed the driver, whether it was the combination of all the methods, or just one.
After a while, I decided trying each method and restarting after every method, this way I could know exactly which one got it installed. After few hours of using this solution pattern, I was able to grasped the exact method. Among the many methods I tried, were installing Ndiswrapper to enable me install the windows driver, but that didn’t worked, I updated a lot of repos, but it still didn’t help. I extracted different driver files and compiled them, but that didn’t also worked, editing some system files which didn’t as well, in addition to other methods that I attempted. Finally, I got a link that instructed me to simple used the below lines, and whoops that is serving as my key now! It works well and has released me of the stress I encountered with the wireless driver issue: Read the rest of this entry